Mad Lib time. Here are some of the adjective and adjective things happening to me right now. I choose fun and interesting. You might choose boring and lame. To each their own.
1) Henry had a low grade fever for over a week following his vaccinations. Nothing serious, but he was just really clingy and more fussy than usual. On Friday night, following a much-needed and delicious dinner with some friends at our abode, I finally broke down and gave him some baby tylenol. Poor dude was red and hot all over and just could. not. stop. crying. He slept like an angel that night and woke up feeling like the old Henry again. I am not big on giving my baby meds, but I’m glad I made that call.
2) After not leaving the house in almost a week (partly because having a sick baby makes everything 1000x harder than usual), I made it out of the house and to the grocery store with Henry on Friday. Like I said above, he wasn’t feeling great and I felt bad for taking him out, BUT I HAD TO LEAVE THE HOUSE. AND GENERAL VICINITY OF THE HOUSE. He slept in the car, so it’s cool. I walked around the grocery store more than I usually would. It was nice just taking in the sights and sounds of the general public who usually annoy me but on this day it was glorious. I felt like a part of society again. What a sad paragraph.
3) If you can’t tell, my usual babysitter (aka Grandma) has been MIA. She got a nasty cold so I vanquished her from our home. I could have really used some healthy Grandma action this week (which sounds really wrong, but I’m sticking with it. You know what I mean, get your minds out of the gutter). I hope she gets well soon for her sake. And mine. Mostly mine.
4) Speaking of Henry sleeping, things are improving immensely at night. For two nights in a row, he slept from 9:30 – 4:30, then got up to eat and back to sleep from 5-7. That doesn’t mean I’m sleeping better. Oh no, I get up several times to make sure he’s still breathing. It freaks me out a little, but when I woke up this morning at 7 actually feeling refreshed…yeah. I forgot what that felt like and I like it. Still not calling it a victory. Let’s see if he keeps it up for a couple weeks, then we can commence with celebrations.
5) I made a really good salad the other night. So good that I want to eat it every day forever. It’s just a mix of iceberg lettuce and baby spinach, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon, black olives, and pecans. Use it with THIS AMAZING SALAD DRESSING and enjoy.
6) Here is Henry with his new favorite toy (still monkey related):