Shannon from Shan’s Shenanigans nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Besides being completely flattered, I’m also a little surprised that I inspire someone. I feel like all I do lately is complain, but since Shannon is also a preggo, she totally gets where I’m coming from.
To say that I love her blog is an understatement. She’s beautiful, cool, and HILARIOUS. Also, I’m really into blogs that are honest. I can sniff out fakers a mile away (which is why most famous bloggers make me want to barf), and Shan is really real. Start following her blog if you know what’s good for you. Also, FYI, she inspires me.
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Display the Nomination logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 others and link to them
- Notify those bloggers of the nominations & award requirement
Here are my 7 things. Please try to stay awake, or feel free to scroll right by them.
- I love to move around. Not, like, exercising, but moving to different states. Every few years I get that itch. We moved back to New Mexico two years ago from Los Angeles, and now I’m getting that urge again. I’m thinking Pacific Northwest.
- I’m a very successful procrastinator. I’m so good at it, that most people don’t know that I’m procrastinating.
- I do not like sports in general but I LOVE the Olympics. I count down to the next one as soon as one is over. It’s kinda pathetic.
- My left wrist is all weird looking because I flew off of a 4-wheeler when I was 17 and the doctor didn’t set my broken bone correctly. Stupid quack.
- The best time of my life was the summer I spent in the UK learning Shakespeare and travelling. My favorite part was doing a private Beatles tour of Liverpool with my very good friend Dana. I got to stand on the stage of the (new) Cavern Club, go to John Lennon’s house, and a little old lady in Ringo’s childhood home invited us inside. In.cred.ible.
- Erm…I’m a little obsessed with the Beatles.
- I was a radio DJ in high school for a rock station. Mainly weekends from 7 to midnight or the oh-so-fun overnight shift. They called me Kick Ass Katy. I did not call myself that…THEY called me that.
Just like Shan, I can’t nominate 15 blogs yet. I just don’t read that many. Like I said before, most of the more popular bloggers out there (will not name names) really annoy the crap out of me. Their blog isn’t so much about them as it is about advertising. Don’t get me wrong, I hope I can one day be that successful, but I hope I’d be able to inject some actual heart and soul into it at the same time.
Instead, I’m gonna do 4…in no particular order.
Just Jasmine: I’ve been following this blog since it was called the Brokins. So for a couple years now. It used to be Jasmine and my friend from college, Sadie. Sadie didn’t do too much of the blogging and eventually bowed out. I love Sadie to death. She is such an amazing, special person. So of course I’d also love her friend Jasmine. By the way, I’ve never spoken to Jasmine and she will have no idea who I am until she reads this. She also has no idea just how much she inspires me. Jasmine is a tell it like it is kinda woman, even when that means airing her own dirty laundry in the name of healing and forward movement. There are times I write blogs putting it all out there, only to leave it in draft status forever. I just don’t have that kind of courage yet. But I admire Jasmine for helping me get there.
Randomness Happens: This belongs to my friend Natalie, who inspires me every day. I first met her waaay back in the day when a mutual friend of ours invited us to an Outkast concert. She was with a not so nice guy (and eventually married, and divorced, him), so I never really hung out with her again. Until about 18 months ago. Now I feel like I’ve known her forever. I can talk to her about anything, and she confides a lot in me. Natalie’s had it rough on the man front in her life, but I have no doubt that love and happiness will be hers soon because she’s a fighter. Natalie’s a single mom to a beautiful little girl, and she deserves the world.
A Lateral Plunge: Shan also nominated Peaches, but I don’t care. She deserves two nominations. I think she found my blog right around the time I wrote about my miscarriage. Shortly thereafter, she suffered one as well. Right away, I noticed how she got through it by writing about it and being honest with her feelings. I really admired how she handled it, especially since I only told a handful of people due to my own shame at the time. Peaches told the Blogosphere, and did it with honesty and a touch of humor. Besides that though, following her well-written journey of trying to conceive and making her way as an expat in Canada is highly enjoyable.
Lisa170: Lisa is the only Australian that I know of who follows my blog. Lisa was recently trying to have a baby…and didn’t have to try very hard. I was so excited when I saw that positive pregnancy test line on her blog. I knew she was pregnant before she did because the line was so faint. I was all, “Giiiirrrrrllll, you’re knocked up!” (or something similar). But she waited a few more days in denial before finally getting a darker line. For someone I’ve never met before, I was so happy for her. Just like the other ladies I wrote about here, Lisa is wonderfully honest and funny. I loved her blog about why her license should be revoked. It really cheered me up on a day I needed it.
There are, of course, more blogs that I frequent and enjoy. I’m just trying to give a little love to blogs that have shown me some love recently (with the exception of Jasmine, who doesn’t know I exist). I’m hormonal and crazy, so it feels nice for people to tell me they enjoy what I’m doing and that I don’t completely suck — and that’s what these people have done for me (along with many others).
And just to copy Shannon a little more, I will sign off with a cute picture of Quincy.